Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bow pose


IMG_3209
Originally uploaded by akeegangu
So here I am at home doing the standing bow pose. It's tough to tell but the first thing to note is that is my left foot coming up behind my head. My left hand is holding on to the inside of my left ankle. My right leg is completely straight on the ground and my left leg is kicking back and up as hard as possible. The right arm is usually out in front like that, just straight out not holding a camera. Here I only held it long enough to take the pic because I wasn't warmed up anymore but in class you hold this first for 1 minute on both sides and then for 30 seconds on both sides. And believe me, balancing on 1 leg for a minute with your other leg kicking back up over your head takes tremendous concentration and endurance. I know I look graceful and elegant, but it's not easy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne K said...

p.s. did I mention it's 105 degrees?

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Ma said...

You are a swan! (I'm giggling OUT LOUD as I think of what Bill would look like in this pose! On-his-nose is what he'd be!!)

11:21 PM  
Blogger Janice Shand said...

How I love your photo! It is tremendous! I think standing bow is incredibly hard, and yes, Mean Jean, Anne does look like a swan. You make it look easy, Anne.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Janice Shand said...

p.s. love the paint color!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks obscene

please take it down

2:53 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

you look fantastic! great job!!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home