Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Date Recap

By popular demand, let me expand a bit on the dates from the last week. Unfortunately for everyone's vicarious living, I'm not a fan at all of sharing details, so you'll likely only hear about the bad dates.  If you don't hear about it, assume it went well.  

Anyway, I went out on two last Saturday, one with Johnny and one with Dave.  Johnny was first, he was nice, 35 lives in Queens and works in Manhattan.  We went to a cute little restaurant about 5 blocks from my apartment for a late lunch.  I had mushroom and onion crepes, he had a chicken sandwich.  Unfortunately, the zip from the onions was about the most exciting part of the date.

Then a little later I met Dave, 32, for a few beers at a bar also right by my apartment (see a trend here?) He was really fun, we had a good time. From St. Louis, math teacher, he even had a story about Kirby Puckett to share which I enjoyed.  We had fun, but just wasn't a love connection.  I think if we were two pals sitting around having a beer, it would have been really great.

I am meeting a guy named James for dinner on Thursday.  He is Australian and seems very nice.  Looking forward to it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Ma said...

I like onions...............

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Ma said...

AND Kirby Puckett!!

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Tia said...

Anne, I don't expect you to share anything private, but you have such a great sense of humor, that I love reading what you think!! Thanks and enjoy!!! (You are invited to bring a date to the wedding in June, like I promised! You have a few months to find him...)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I already vote for the Aussie. I just like their acccents. Can't wait to hear!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Mary Lou said...

Aussie accents are pretty nice, huh.
Had to kick some rather rude (but, cute)Aussies out of the store yesterday. One hollered at the top of his lungs, "Does anyone have a cigarette I can have?" Have to admit, I rather enjoyed it. :-)
Love the dress, Anne. Bet you look really cute in it!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home