Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Date-off

So many of you know my good friend Drew from Kentucky.  Well, Drew and I are both "daters" but are currently not in any kind of serious relationships with anyone.  So we decided that to kick our dating up a notch, it would be fun to join one of the zillion dating sites that are out there and see who can go on the most dates.  After all, it is a numbers game, right?  The more people you meet the better chance you'll have to really click with one. We both joined match.com, put up legitimate profiles and let the games begin.  Now the best deal on match.com is a 6 month membership, and if you don't find your true love, they give you another 6 months for free.  So it basically costs you $90 for a full year, not bad.   One point per date, and to promote long lasting love, you get more points (two) for 2nd dates, three points for 3rd, etc.  The contest runs until our 6-month memberships expire or until one of us ends up in a long term relationship.  It's silly, but should be a lot of fun! Good luck, Drew!    

10 Comments:

Anonymous Ma said...

Oh Phwew!! At first I thought you were gonna say that you and Drew started dating EACH OTHER! DO NOT get me wrong--I l<3ve Drew.........

12:51 PM  
Blogger Anne K said...

Haha yes, we all love Drew! And we're hoping a nice southern belle will love him the most!

1:18 PM  
Blogger drew said...

don't worry mean jean, i worry enough about your health, and i wouldn't want to give you a heart attack. So if it were that kind of news I would def. phone Montana before letting Anne post it on her blog. But I have to admit I'm a bit hurt that you can't even envision me as your son-in-law. In fact I'm sobbing so hard in the fetal position it is hard for me to see the keyboard to write this.

1:27 PM  
Blogger kate filth said...

I for one encourage a Drew/Anne union, as long as Drew changes his last name - Drew Keegan has a nice ring to it! And Drew as a brother? I couldn't ask for a better one!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Ma said...

Drew--You have misunderstood my intent...............humor (lame at best) was my only goal. My phone number is listed in the directory. <3 <3 <3

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Tia said...

GREAT idea! I do not know Drew, unfortunately, but any friend of yours is a friend of mine. Good luck to you both and I look forward to seeing the points increase. Let the dating begin!!!!

9:32 PM  
Blogger drew said...

A few responses: to kate - i am willing to change my last name to finally be a Keegan, it would make my circle complete. As for myself, I couldn't imagine a better sister, Krew would finally be complete. Mean Jean - i got nothing but love for you my darling. I'll give you a call should anything arise. Aunt Nancy - you may not know me now (consider it a blessing) but you will. That's a promise.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous MB said...

Drewberry vs Annie bananie I will really enjoy following this "sporting" event

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also do not know Drew, but figure if he's a friend of Annes, he must be a good guy. I can't wait to read the ongoing blog on this one! Go BigB!!!!!!! Love you, Honey! :-)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous ML said...

Well, crappoli! Anne, you know how proficient I am here. I, Anonymous, am really Mary Lou. :P~

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home