Tardiness
Went to hot yoga last night for a class that starts at 815 pm. Now there is this lady, Patricia, who I'm pretty sure comes to class every day. I either see her at the 630 or 815 class. And inevitably, I'll be sitting in the room on my mat, getting ready and focusing and she'll come flying in at 814 (or 629) set up her mat in quite a frenzy, run back out to the locker room, get changed and come flying back in to the room usually a few minutes after class has started. I'm in general a very punctual person and really don't understand chronic lateness. Know how long it's going to take to get somewhere, add on 5 minutes just in case and be there on time. Always seems simple to me. There are certainly circumstances where being late can't be avoided but you'd think for someone who comes to class EVERY DAY she'd figure out how to get there on time at least once in awhile. Luckily the beauty of yoga is, they encourage letting go of all the frustrations and distractions around you. Good thing Patricia doesn't attend a kickboxing class with me. :)

6 Comments:
I totally agree with the late thing--I think being late can be an expression of rudeness or inconsideration. I HATE LATE.
I agree too. It is one of my pet peeves. I belong to a group of women and the other teacher and I are ALWAYS first and on time. We can pretty much predict when the others will arrive. I also hate when people wait to start meetings, or any event. If they say a time they should start then and respect the time of the people who are there on time!! As you can see, I am very passionate about this!!! Glad you agree.
My boss waltzes into meetings at least 5-10 minutes late every time. My other coworkers go over to his office, remind him, say we should all wait for him. I refuse. I say, he is a VP in this company, he has a calendar that will even pop up reminders for him. I start the meeting when it is supposed to start and glare at him as he waltzes in late.
I am VERY passionate about it too and very much agree with all of it! I actually get physically stressed if I think I am going to be late to something. Half the time, I rush to get somewhere on time, and end up waiting for the person I'm meeting!
I am the same way!! I get VERY stressed out if it looks like I might even be close to being on time instead of a comfortable few minutes early. Glad to hear I am not alone... Actally your Unk likes to know he can always count on me to be there when I say.
Obviously, not all of us in this world were blessed to grow up with the influence (and common sense) of Jean and Mary Lou.
Oh, and I totally agree.
Post a Comment
<< Home