Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Feeling like a grown up

So I just unpacked a new set of dishes and silverware that my fab "cousin" Caroline gave to me in her move.  They all match and aren't chipped.  If my apartment had seating for more than three, I might have a dinner party! I was also the lucky recipient of a functioning vacuum cleaner in the big move.  This is also a big step, because while I've always had vacuum cleaners, honestly, they've never worked for longer than about a week.  This bad boy is a Hoover, and let me tell you, it sucks.  Good thing because Tio Miguel just called and said he'd be checking my apt with white gloves when he gets here tomorrow.
Now, sneaking the old vacuum and dishes out to the street for someone to snatch up.  I've written on the top of the box "Free Dishes." Hopefully someone needs them!

5 Comments:

Anonymous sjr said...

So exciting about the new additions to the APT. How exciting. got to love cousin caroline, even if it wasn't for the dishes and vacuum cleaner!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Anne K said...

She's the BEST!! Spent some time with her new man Mark too, what great guy!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Ma said...

WHAT????
Item 1: GIVING away my gift to you--a complete set of fine china (a "gift" for enduring a condo spiel some 30 years ago)? Just throwing it out on the street? INGRATE!!! They were probably close to having antique value, and I'll bet you could have gone to Replacements.com to replace the chipped or missing items.........
Item 2: Surely you don't need to clean for Tio as you keep such a spotless apartment............
Item 3: Your mother DID teach you how to clean properly--where oh where did that information go?

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Ma said...

P.S. I <3 Caroline, too!!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Tia said...

Awesome, Anne! You know you are just encouraging more visitors... A couple weeks ago your Unk Bill had to use the vacuum for his kitchen remodeling project. The next day, he had ordered a new one online. I had been suffering with the old one for years. He uses it once and we get a new one! I do love it, believe it or not...

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home