Wednesday, November 04, 2009

UNK BILL!

So my Unk Bill is here and he has a hot yoga story that he'd like to share with the group. When he finishes with his work here and has time to comment, he'll share. Enjoy!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Unk said...

Thanks Anne for the great time in NYC! You are the hostess with the mostest.

And here's my hot yoga story for all of you blog readers. I have this woman in my department who's a super athlete. She runs several sub 3hr marathons per year, does triathlons, is skinny as a rail and could kick the ass of most guys twice her size. She's also into yoga.

So I asked her about hot yoga.

"One of the hardest things I've ever done," she replies. When I told her my dear niece did it 30 days in a row, she was genuinely impressed.

And, so am I!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Janice Shand said...

I was hoping Uncle Bill was going to accompany Anne to class and would write his own story about Chris, the world's skinniest man, or Kyoko, the teacher with the heavy accent. Sigh.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Anne K said...

Nope, he's still chicken! But at least he's admitting it. :) I demonstrated a few postures during our visit, I think he's intrigued! speaking of Chris, the world's skinniest man, he showed up to class on halloween as a "Stress Ball" which basically meant he covered his entire body in balloons. It was ridiculous and a little distracting, particularly when they kept popping all through class!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Ma said...

And did you mention, Bill, that you were invited/challenged to hot yoga "with" Anne and you wussed out? Oh, forgot that one...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

11:12 AM  
Blogger Janice Shand said...

I would have paid to see Chris with the added bulk of the balloons on that incredibly slim frame Instead of saying he's a toothpick, I'd call him a matchstick. It's something to behold.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Anne K said...

Janice, after reading the guy who infringed on your mat (or brings a cell phone to class. Seriously??!), I can't STAND someone coming close to my mat, especially sweating on my mat. SO gross! And yes, Chris is a matchstick. He usually keeps himself on his own mat though. It's remarkable! Although, he doesn't have much to spill over! :)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Janice Shand said...

Haha. Once when I was at your studio Chris the human matchstick was teaching and he spoke to me after class, asking questions, making polite conversation. I liked him alot. A great teacher with a kind manner. Was dying to ask him about the skinny thing, but, let's face it, no polite way to work that question in.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Anne K said...

haha tough to work that one into a conversation. "So, Chris, speaking of things with no body fat..."

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home