Returning a flu shot
Had a funny experience at work today. They were giving out free flu shots in the office just down the hall. Not having gotten a flu shot yet, I marched over there, signed the consent form and was stuck. Right after, the nurse looks at the consent form where I had written my company name, and said, "oh, these were just for Conde Nast" (technically I work for ACBJ which is a subsidiary of Conde Nast's parent company). It was particularly funny because, we were both like, well, the shot has already been administered. Is she going to suck the vaccine out of my arm? A flu shot is definitely something you cannot take back!

3 Comments:
I am thinking in this day and age of red tape they would have a way to take back
way to score a free flu shot! I still need one. Maybe I should wander through the office buildings until I find a clinic set up!
Very few flu shots available around here. I think I can get a seasonal tomorrow, but the pig is more scarce, even though I am on the immune-compromised (so higher priority) list. Not high enough, I guess. Also heard/read(?) that those MY (now advanced) age MAY be immune due to earlier childhood infections--also would explain why fewer of "us" are becoming sick compared to younger ages. Add that to the growing list of advantages of "old" age!
Post a Comment
<< Home