Comments and Seth
So no one (other than my Ma) has any thoughts on yesterday's post? I thought sure it would be thought provoking. Now tonight, I went out for drinks with the best coworker I've ever had to celebrate his last day. He got a great new opportunity that I couldn't be happier for him about, but I will miss him like crazy! For everyone who knows, Seth, please wish him well. GOOD LUCK!

8 Comments:
GOOD LUCK, Seth!!
That is, GOOD LUCK, Seth! BRING IT! BRING IT!!
Well, I do have a thought on yesterday's post. I did not read it until today. #1 There are advantages to aging and I guess this is one. It used to be easier to define relationships. The disadvantage I guess is that they were prescribed roles. #2 It is a sad commentary on modern relationships. I think communication is key in any relationship and this couple was struggling with that. #3 I don't know what #3 is, but I do wish this woman well. She deserves someone who respects her time and feelings.
And good luck, Seth. I do not know you, but anyone who is a friend of Anne's is a friend of mine.
My thoughts exactly, Tia! I think the most glaring part of that whole story is the very end, where she says she's not looking for a husband, but wants to know to not pass up someone else if the opportunity comes up. Consideration for where you stand seems to make all the difference. I don't know this woman (I don't even know my former coworker - she got fired for posting a vacation she took on a "sick" day on Facebook...whoopsies!!) but she deserves better whoever she is!
Deep Thoughts for Deep Thoughts.
Several lessons to be learned here..............
Life is a rut. It can be a very comfortable and cozy rut if it is the rut you choose. People should look at their lives and choose the rut (life goals) they want--and then reassess, rearrange and rework their choices and goals. This should an academic venture every few years throughout life (identifying life goals and paths to reach those goals)so that YOU go where YOU want to be rather than just letting life come to you without your chosen direction.
My children used to tell me, "You aren't the boss of me!" But you are the boss of you. You cannot change the behavior of anyone except yourself--you can suggest, ask, plead and beg, but in the end, the only behavior you can control is your own. So, in all your suggesting, asking, pleading and begging you do not get the goal you seek, change your own behavior--that is, bust out of your rut. It takes tremendous courage and grit and emotional work and probably some or a lot of heartbreak (remember: ruts are comfortable)but it is the ONLY way out. You are the master of your (and only your own) destiny.
Be decisive. Think. Assess. Reassess. Plan. Then act and march forward and keep on marching. This is NOT a dress rehearsal, THIS IS YOUR LIFE. You only get to do it once, so make it what you want it to be.
Boy howdy, Mean Jean! These words have rung true for years. Although, just to be clear, we may have SAID she wasn't the boss of us, but she was. You don't get the nickname Mean Jean for nothin.
Hey Seth never met ya but if Anne says yo are the best--that is huge. Hope you have a wonderful experience in your new job.
I agree, Jean. I like the motto: "Most folks are only as happy as they make up their minds to be." Grab onto life and enjoy the ride! Be happy.
Post a Comment
<< Home