Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bill vs. Hot Yoga

So many, if not all of you, know or have met my Uncle Bill from Minneapolis. One of his favorite pastimes is giving his nieces and nephews a hard time. And as athletes and generally extremely competitive people this often includes some kind of bet about some sort of athletic activity. And the stakes have been the same for years: Beverage Slave. For those of you who have never had a beverage slave, the sole purpose of said beverage slave is to provide the winner of the bet with any and all beverages that they desire during the designated window of time.

An example of what life as a beverage slave might entail from Kate: "Anne, can I get a water?" **bring water** "No no, I meant filtered water" **Ugh. return to kitchen and bring filtered water** "Oh, this is Evian, I wanted Smart Water," etc.

Now of course, when I sent out the email about the 30 day challenge yesterday, his reply was along the lines of: it's not really hard unless you barf...you're weak...class is easy peasy, etc. So I say, OK big shot, if it's so easy, I challenge you to make it through 5 classes. He says deal. So the details are as follows. We are going to a Packers game on October 18 for Mean Jean's birthday (woohoo, Go Pack, happy birthday Jean!). I will be going to class every day between now and then for a total of 30 classes, 30 day challenge and all. So if Bill makes it to the minimum of 5 classes before that time, I will be his beverage slave during the Packers game. If he makes it to 10 classes, I will be his beverage slave for the whole weekend (we're there Friday-Monday). If he makes it to 30 classes, every day like me, I will be his beverage slave for LIFE.

The beverage slave stakes have never been so high! Let the games begin!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Angela Cavis said...

Those are some serious, serious stakes. They really couldn't be higher. Nobody should have to man the Lambeau beer lines all night (I'm assuming that they are robust). Godspeed.

1:56 PM  
Blogger kate filth said...

so a man walked into the butchers shop and the butcher said, "i'll bet you any free steak, if you can get it down from that rack up on the ceiling"

the man said "no way! i'm not taking that bet!"

the butcher, puzzled, inquired as to why?

the man said "The steaks are TOO HIGH!"

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Rack said...

i seriously find this blog exhausting

please delete this

gosh what a waster of time

3:48 PM  
Blogger Anne K said...

Rack is my cynical and oh-so-fabulous coworker Seth. He's secretly excited about the blog.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Good joke, Kate! Go Team Anne.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Unk Bill said...

Let's practice!!

Anne -- get me a beer.

No, not a light beer, a real beer.

What's this crap? Do I look like a cheap beer kinda guy? I want a premium beer.

I hate this brand.

Where's the glass?

Why isn't this glass chilled??

7:36 PM  
Blogger Anne K said...

Ok, Unk Bill let's practice.
Bill, come on in, yes the room is 105 degrees, and don't mind the humidity.

Ok, now please pick up your left foot and pull it up over your head. You'll only have to hold it there for 1 minute.

Oh that's only one out of the 26 postures we'll be doing.

But don't worry, the 90 minutes will fly by...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Merloo said...

I would like a ringside seat for this competition. Not having met Uncle Bill, my money's on Anne.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home