Friday, June 13, 2008

Yankee Day!

So I just really had one of the greatest days ever. I got to Yankee Stadium at about 10:30 and my job was to be the talent escort which meant I was responsible for making sure our talent was happy, had whatever they needed, was where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there, etc. Well, the talent were REALLY fun. Bucky Dent and Mickey Rivers, 2 Yankees who played on the 78 world series team. You might remember Bucky as the guy who Red Sox fans call Bucky "Effing" Dent when he hit a crucial homer to beat the sox in the AL east championship.

Anyway, so Bucky and I were fast friends. We just hung out for awhile and watched the softball games that were going on. We did a little cheering and heckling. He's a world class heckler. hehe. At one point he wanted to play to catch, so I let him use the mitt that my friend Rich had let me borrow. It was a weird looking mitt, and he said, "What is this thing, a dinosaur paw!?" So then I send Rich a text that said that Bucky Dent was currently playing with his mitt. He writes back to have him sign it thanks for letting him use it. So I ask him and he signs it "Rich, thanks for this ugly glove. Bucky Dent" SO SO SO funny. Can't wait to give it back to Rich. He was SUPER nice, we got our pic taken together and he even gave me a little kiss on the cheek when he left.


Other than making friends with bucky, I also played catch on the outfield grass for about 30 minutes and took a tour of the Yankee locker room! Got to see where Jeter, ARod and Robinson Cano get dressed. At one point I was walking by myself on the warning track and I looked up and thought wow, this is one of the coolest things I've ever done. Guess I'm working at the right place!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so awesome!! We are glad you are in the right place.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pinch y'self--OUCH!! Good-not died and gone to heaven!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home