Anne vs. Hot Yoga - Day 1
I've decided to resurrect the blog for at least 30 days, because I am doing a pretty intense challenge that I want to share (and will be asking for encouragement about!!). So I have been taking this insane hot yoga class - it's actually called Bikram Yoga, but I like calling it hot yoga - it has a nice ring to it. LIke you could be talking about something other than the temperature of the room. "Anne you are HOT stuff doing that yoga!" Anyway, it's 26 postures in 105 degree heat and 40% humidity. It's 90 minutes long and very intense. Some days i love it, some days I hate it. The first day I went, back in May or so I thought it was torture. I remember saying that I think they could get more valuable information out of terrorism suspects by making them do hot yoga than waterboarding them, but then I went to a few more classes, got used to the heat, and it's been slow and steady positive progress every since. It seems like it's been good for me, and I've decided to do the challenge they have at the studio, to go to a class every day for 30 days.
That brings us to day 1 today. Went pretty well, no complaints. I have had a lingering hamstring pull that I think I aggravated a bit, but nothing a little stretching, and RICE (Lewis and Jean thank you for your vigilance in promoting the RICE program - they'll be happy to give anyone a full rundown of what it means if you don't already know) won't cure. However, the physical aspects of this aren't going to be nearly as hard as the mental so I anticipate no complaints on day 1. It's day 20 that's going to get tough! I will post every day, with updates on how I'm doing. I might even include a daily hot yoga picture, but I didn't take one today, so maybe we'll start that on day 2. AND who knows, maybe the blog will extend beyond 30 days again!
That brings us to day 1 today. Went pretty well, no complaints. I have had a lingering hamstring pull that I think I aggravated a bit, but nothing a little stretching, and RICE (Lewis and Jean thank you for your vigilance in promoting the RICE program - they'll be happy to give anyone a full rundown of what it means if you don't already know) won't cure. However, the physical aspects of this aren't going to be nearly as hard as the mental so I anticipate no complaints on day 1. It's day 20 that's going to get tough! I will post every day, with updates on how I'm doing. I might even include a daily hot yoga picture, but I didn't take one today, so maybe we'll start that on day 2. AND who knows, maybe the blog will extend beyond 30 days again!

11 Comments:
It's about time! Glad to see you're "enjoying" your yoga. I always loved it. I'll have to try it hot sometime. Keep RICE-ing it up! :) And don't forget to stretch! ;)just kidding
I spent the summer jogging (which I HATE, btw) in 90+ degree heat with 80 - 95% humidity. I would take your yoga ANY day... it really isn't the heat!
Ima think your brain will turn to rice by day #20!
Hi, Big Bean!!! SO glad to have you back on your blog! :-)
My post name will be Doug because this is his work computer and I don't like changing any of his settings. Anyway, keep them coming - I will be reading every day. Hello, to you, too, Miss Jean from Mary Lou!
Bienvenida, Ana! Estoy tan contenta que estas escribiendo otra vez. Buena suerte con tu clase. Tu lo puedes hacer!
Question: Just how large is the puddle of sweat on the floor of the room when this class is done? Is it "Oops I dropped my beer" big? Or "Exxon Valdez oil spill" big?
And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black - Ducks fly together!
Good luck, Anne. You'll do well, I have no doubt. Hoping for photos of you fluffing and folding your bikram clothes, in addition to you doing postures.
Size of the ocean that the Exxon Valdez oil spill happened in big! My yoga buddy, Janice, and I were discussing recently that this challenge is also going to be hard to keep up with the laundry! My clothes and towel (which is on the floor mind you) are soaked completely 100% of the way through by the end of every class. Sweatiest activity ever.
And p.s. just as a follow up, this is not the first post that the RICE program has been mentioned. See Jean's extended RICE program in this post from my dislocated thumb incident. https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=16025979&postID=5861565517808485210
You're gonna be great!! So glad we'll all be getting updates!
Post a Comment
<< Home