Anne vs. Hot Yoga - Day 2
Day 2 down and all is well! I went at 6:30 today and had a great class. Hamstring is still bothering me but no worse than yesterday. Now to the interesting stuff from class today. The teacher I had was one of them who is really into the meditation and "centering" and all that mumbo jumbo that I just can't buy into. I like it because it is a good workout. But anyway, there is this one part where you just lay on your back for 2 minutes and don't move (surprisingly this is not the easiest part of the whole thing for me!) So during this time, most teachers are quiet, or talk about not moving, etc. This guy started singing! Burst into song about his soul moving or something like that. It was a bit over the top. Then he was trying to promote the idea that having a positive attitude is the key to doing well (I completely buy into that philosophy by the way) by telling us about this Japanese scientist who took water molecules and froze them. But before he froze them, he told them they were beautiful, played them Mozart, showed them pretty pictures, etc. Those water molecules once frozen were beautiful, like snowflakes. Then he took another set of water molecules, told them they were ugly, played loud nasty music, and showed them disturbing images. Those molecules, once frozen were misshapen and ugly. This guy has a wikipedia page so it has to be true. Anyway, the moral of the story is, since we're made up mostly of water, we should send positive thoughts to our water molecules, and we'll look like snowflakes...er...wait...that's not exactly right, but you get the idea.
Day 1 of Bill's adventures with Hot Yoga start tomorrow. Stay tuned for updates on that too! Day 2 signing off.
Day 1 of Bill's adventures with Hot Yoga start tomorrow. Stay tuned for updates on that too! Day 2 signing off.

3 Comments:
I have a singing bikram teacher also, but alas, no beverage slave. The singer's name is Dan and his favorite solo is probably "Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog." There are times when people in the class feel the need to sing along. Not I! I'm usually feeling very awkward with all the singing. I'll be thinking about moisture particles, dew points and positivity all day. Namaste.
And, Janice, now perhaps you'll be thinking of beautiful, happy water crystals. Although, wouldn't the water just melt right away in all that heat. I guess you could use it for drinking. BB - I would like 1/10 your energy since you moved to the big city, Honey. Send me a package of it.
singing during yoga? i'd kill that guy!
but i like the idea of positive thoughts bringing positive results, even if the water molecule thing is slightly odd.
Post a Comment
<< Home