Lazy Sunday
Or not! my Sunday was very productive. I cleaned my whole apt, did my laundry and went to the gym today! Great day! Speaking of laundry, I saw MY laundromat, where I do my laundry every 2 (maybe 3) weeks on an episode of Law and Order, Criminal Intent that I saw the other day!!
Anyway, I've got a lot to cover since I've been working so much. Sorry for my lack of postings. First of all, right now, I'm watching meet the Fockers, and I really can't stand it. It's too awkward. Football it is I guess.
So my new job is going really great. This last week I hired a PR firm and I'm really looking forward to getting started working with them. They know the industry really well and have great contacts so I think my company is going to go from unknown, to major player in no time! HOORAY! It feels great to be a part of something growing like this.
My weekend activities: More Port Authority bowling, Dave and Busters, Waverly diner at 3 am for KILLER french toast. Comix comedy club, girls night out at Cowgirls (yes, MB, we did get the baked potato dessert. It's to DIE FOR!!) It was a busy fun weekend.
This coming week is going to be interesting. For a number of reasons:
1. Dodgeball starts on Thursday. I'm very excited, and somewhat nervous about what it will be like to have to go to work the day after! Unemployment and dodgeball were a good combo!
2. I'm going to DC this weekend with my friend Drew. My newly-retired Dad is going to be there along with my Aunt MB and all the usual suspects who live there. I"m really excited to see them all!! And I think I'll get to see Julia and maybe Brian too, so I'm double excited!
3. It's 9/11 on Tuesday. I saw the 2 beams of light that they put up into the sky in the absence of the towers on Friday. They're neat. I'll take some pics again as I plan to go down there. I've felt a little uneasy thinking about it lately for a couple reasons. First, the obvious of the fact that it's 9/11 and such an emotional day in the city and second, it reminds me of my friend Mohan who died in January. I know I haven't written very much about him since then but I really miss him. We had a really nice time last year on 9/11. He, our friend Drew and I all met down there and took pictures and paid respects. Then we all walked all the way back up to the west village (LONG walk) and had dinner at the Waverly Diner. I remember him saying that he went to the world trade center site every year and felt a strong connection with the city on that day. I guess I'll do a little bit of double duty on Tuesday, respects to 9/11 and to him.
Anyway, I've got a lot to cover since I've been working so much. Sorry for my lack of postings. First of all, right now, I'm watching meet the Fockers, and I really can't stand it. It's too awkward. Football it is I guess.
So my new job is going really great. This last week I hired a PR firm and I'm really looking forward to getting started working with them. They know the industry really well and have great contacts so I think my company is going to go from unknown, to major player in no time! HOORAY! It feels great to be a part of something growing like this.
My weekend activities: More Port Authority bowling, Dave and Busters, Waverly diner at 3 am for KILLER french toast. Comix comedy club, girls night out at Cowgirls (yes, MB, we did get the baked potato dessert. It's to DIE FOR!!) It was a busy fun weekend.
This coming week is going to be interesting. For a number of reasons:
1. Dodgeball starts on Thursday. I'm very excited, and somewhat nervous about what it will be like to have to go to work the day after! Unemployment and dodgeball were a good combo!
2. I'm going to DC this weekend with my friend Drew. My newly-retired Dad is going to be there along with my Aunt MB and all the usual suspects who live there. I"m really excited to see them all!! And I think I'll get to see Julia and maybe Brian too, so I'm double excited!
3. It's 9/11 on Tuesday. I saw the 2 beams of light that they put up into the sky in the absence of the towers on Friday. They're neat. I'll take some pics again as I plan to go down there. I've felt a little uneasy thinking about it lately for a couple reasons. First, the obvious of the fact that it's 9/11 and such an emotional day in the city and second, it reminds me of my friend Mohan who died in January. I know I haven't written very much about him since then but I really miss him. We had a really nice time last year on 9/11. He, our friend Drew and I all met down there and took pictures and paid respects. Then we all walked all the way back up to the west village (LONG walk) and had dinner at the Waverly Diner. I remember him saying that he went to the world trade center site every year and felt a strong connection with the city on that day. I guess I'll do a little bit of double duty on Tuesday, respects to 9/11 and to him.

1 Comments:
i agree, it has been a long time since your last post - maybe you should go back to unemployment?! just a thought....
good luck on the first dodgeball game of the new season. i hope you kick some ninja butt
P.S. my entrance arrives in 39 days. start the countdown
Post a Comment
<< Home