Update!!
Ok ladies, as promised, the long-awaited update is here. So the dating contest has been going great, Drew is even on the board with one first date point! Since i last updated I have been out with another three nice guys. I had brunch with Hank a bit ago, that one was just a one dater, but he was an interesting guy who worked in finance and was originally from South Carolina. We had fun but again, just no connection.
Next date was with John. I like John, he also worked in finance (I think we're seeing a pattern here on match.com) and was originally from just outside of the city. We had a nice dinner/drinks date and everything was going well until right at the end when he pulled out his phone and started texting his friends while I was still right there. Now, I don't mind a quick text or phone call, we all have to do it, but come on! If I'm sitting there, pay attention to me. It was 1am, so it's not like he was making plans or about to meet up with someone or something. It was not cool, we didn't go out again.
Next I met Mike, a really nice guy from just outside of London. We have been out twice, which means I get three points! First we went to sushi and then next we went to a movie. He's super nice but is traveling to Europe now for a few weeks, so it'll be awhile before we can go out again.
In other news, there are many free dating sites out there, which I didn't know about, so I along with my other contest participates have joined a number of the others. OK Cupid is just like match.com, profiles, emails, winks, etc. How About We... is a new one where you propose activities for dates and people respond wanting to go on that date. My date is "how about we get on the 7 train and hit a game at Citi Field. " That site hasn't launched yet, but we'll see how it goes when it does.
Well, it's a beautiful day in NYC so I'm headed to a yoga class and then out for a little stroll. Hope everyone is enjoying the Saturday!
Next date was with John. I like John, he also worked in finance (I think we're seeing a pattern here on match.com) and was originally from just outside of the city. We had a nice dinner/drinks date and everything was going well until right at the end when he pulled out his phone and started texting his friends while I was still right there. Now, I don't mind a quick text or phone call, we all have to do it, but come on! If I'm sitting there, pay attention to me. It was 1am, so it's not like he was making plans or about to meet up with someone or something. It was not cool, we didn't go out again.
Next I met Mike, a really nice guy from just outside of London. We have been out twice, which means I get three points! First we went to sushi and then next we went to a movie. He's super nice but is traveling to Europe now for a few weeks, so it'll be awhile before we can go out again.
In other news, there are many free dating sites out there, which I didn't know about, so I along with my other contest participates have joined a number of the others. OK Cupid is just like match.com, profiles, emails, winks, etc. How About We... is a new one where you propose activities for dates and people respond wanting to go on that date. My date is "how about we get on the 7 train and hit a game at Citi Field. " That site hasn't launched yet, but we'll see how it goes when it does.
Well, it's a beautiful day in NYC so I'm headed to a yoga class and then out for a little stroll. Hope everyone is enjoying the Saturday!

3 Comments:
Thanks so much, BB! Sounds like the site where you propose the activity might be a winner. Can't imagine you staying with someone who wasn't very interested in sports. Your life's a blur from this vantage point. What exactly are you doing in your job right now? **hugs** Miss your smiling face, Anne.
Thanks for the update !:)
Sounds like you have been having fun and that is the point. Are you in the lead pointwise? Hope you continue to enjoy yourself. Spring sounds like a great time to meet someone!!
Good work on the dating scene! For those of us who are thrilled to see Drew climb out of the negatives and get back on the board, let's see a scoreboard update.
Post a Comment
<< Home