Sunday, June 24, 2007

Opposable thumbs

Today my thumb is feeling better. I can actually move it around a teeny bit and I can tell it's on the road to full recovery. An observation about 4 days without a functional left thumb: there are MANY things that we do every day that are incredibly difficult to do without the use of both thumbs. A few of the most frustrating
-Washing your hair and even more difficult, putting it in a ponytail!
-Tying your sneakers
-Using a can opener
-Texting (ok, not really a crucial thing to be able to do, but I do it a lot!)
-Ripping tape
-Opening child-proof pill bottles
-Opening a bag of chips
-Clipping your nails
And the list goes on and on, basically, take care of your thumbs people, it's a serious pain to try and function without them!
This weekend I had fun. I went on a boat cruise with my friends on Friday to see a band that my friend Drew loves (and Kate loves them too). It went up and down the Hudson River with awesome views of the city and the Statue of Liberty. It's neat. Then last night I got together with some of my few fun friends from dodgeball. I've really made some great connections in dodgeball. This week I have a few more interviews. One I'm very excited about on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it's better--must have been all the excellent medical advice you received!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck Tuesday

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home