DODGEBALL!!
So last night was really one of the awesomest dodgeball nights we've had so far. My awesome team the ball busters won 1 of our 2 matches and played well in the other. We think we've secured a position in the playoffs! WOOHOO!! So then, between our 2 matches, one of the 2 best teams, the Headhunters asked me if I could sub for them because they were short on girls and the week before I had caught one of their balls. I said sure, and played the first game with them. We killed the other team. Then after our 2nd game, they were playing the best team in the league, the Yorkvillans. #1 vs #2. They asked me to play again and they were really intense, saying things like this is a really serious game. I said bring it on! We won the first game, and then in the 2nd game, all the guys and the other girl on my team get out. I'm the last dodgeballer standing. It's just me out there versus 4 of the Yorkvillans 2 girls, 2 guys. So they make the mistake of underestimating my ability to catch the ball and have the girls start throwing at me. Meanwhile, my whole Ball Busters team has stuck around to watch. Rich from my team goes over to all the guys on the Headhunters who had already gotten out and says "Don't worry you guys, you'll be back in in just a minute. She'll catch one." I love the vote of confidence from my team!! So I dodge a couple throws from the girls and then I catch one. One of the guys on my team comes back in. Then the guys wise up and start throwing at me (they throw a LOT harder than the girls) and I catch one of those too!! I got nailed right after I caught it so I was out, but not before I singlehandedly brought 2 of the guys who had been knocked out back into the game. The Headhunters went on to win that game and the match. So the 2 top teams swapped spots in the standings.
Then we got to the bar and of course I was the big hero so everyone bought me shots. I'm paying for it today, but it was wicked fun. They want me to play with them next week too. No chance I'm joining another team though if it interferes with my Ball Busters! It's Ball Busters or bust for me!
Then we got to the bar and of course I was the big hero so everyone bought me shots. I'm paying for it today, but it was wicked fun. They want me to play with them next week too. No chance I'm joining another team though if it interferes with my Ball Busters! It's Ball Busters or bust for me!

4 Comments:
Way to go!!! You're such a good storyteller that I feel like I was there!
I'm SO proud!! My daughter has
made it BIG in dodgeball! What could be next?!?!
Oh my gosh this is just like the movie- you were probably inspired watching it in Milwauke.
Hey, now Big B also stands for big ballbuster. Hmmmmmm.........is that a good thing???
Post a Comment
<< Home