Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Transit strike

The only thing worse than terrorist threats on the subway, is no subway at all. And that's what the subway workers are threatening this week. Apparently there is a contract dispute that has yet to be resolved and if it isn't worked out by Thursday, they might go on strike and there may be no subways or buses running on Friday and until they get it worked out. To make matters worse for commuters coming into the city, the NYPD is not going to allow any cars with less than FOUR people in them to enter the city. For someone who goes to work solo every day, it could be really hard to get three other people to ride to work with you. Anyway, I hope they don't strike. Although I live 35 blocks away from work (almost 2 miles) and I could easily walk it, it's really cold out and I don't want to have to walk to work first thing in the morning!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big city woes. We don't have threatened transit strikes in Montana....................

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, wait.............I did ride a horse once that was in a foul mood and bucked me off. Is that the Montana equivalent???

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home