Thursday, October 13, 2005

New Jersey

Today I spent my second full day out in Secaucus, NJ. It's an interesting place. It takes 2 trains and a shuttle to get there. A significant amount of rain fell there today and yesterday and when I was on the shuttle, I saw a number of cars abandoned in these puddles on the streets that were at least 3 feet deep. One street had cars parked along the sides of it like you would usually see, but you could only see the top half of the cars because the puddle was so deep, and then smack dab in the middle of the street there was an abandoned Audi, I don't think it could go any further!
I also met one of my co-workers today who says "Coaw-fee" among other New Jersey accented words. It's OAwesome!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like - "uge" and "uman" instead of huge and human? Haha, my first bio professor spoke like that. And Jersey!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Amy Aerin said...

Sounds like Houston - We get regular "toad-floaters" all summer long. Nothing like getting to work soaking wet! Fun!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home