I took the subway today
So last night at about 5 as I'm just about to head out the door, the news comes across that the terror level has been raised on the subway because of a credible threat. Certainly not a comforting thing to hear, but also not something that's going to stop me from doing what I need to do. So I went and had drinks with a coworker and some of his coworkers (he works in sales so he sits with the MSN Sales office just 2 doors down from me) and then after that ventured down into the subway. I got on the express train by mistake, so that meant extra time on the train backtracking back uptown for a few stops and then getting on the right train. There was definitely police presence when I got on, as a matter of fact, there were a huge number of ambulances and police cars right by the stop I got on, that's right by Radio City Music Hall, and David Gray was playing there last night so it probably had something to do with that. Anyway, I got on the train and didn't feel one bit scared.
Then this morning I got up and read a bit more of the details about what's going on, marched over to the subway, got on, and came to work. My thought, the chances of anything happening to me are extremely slim and I'm not going to rearrange my life because of the threat. I've always thought, life is full of so many chance things that happen, I'm not going to be reckless and dangerous (if I saw a terrorist with a bomb run onto the train, I wouldn't follow him!) but I'm also not going to hole up in my apartment until they've cleared the world of anyone wanting to do harm.
So if anyone read anything about the subway here, let me assure you, as someone who was just on it less than an hour ago, it's definitely safer than they make it sound on the news and I plan on taking it home, and indefinitely.
Then this morning I got up and read a bit more of the details about what's going on, marched over to the subway, got on, and came to work. My thought, the chances of anything happening to me are extremely slim and I'm not going to rearrange my life because of the threat. I've always thought, life is full of so many chance things that happen, I'm not going to be reckless and dangerous (if I saw a terrorist with a bomb run onto the train, I wouldn't follow him!) but I'm also not going to hole up in my apartment until they've cleared the world of anyone wanting to do harm.
So if anyone read anything about the subway here, let me assure you, as someone who was just on it less than an hour ago, it's definitely safer than they make it sound on the news and I plan on taking it home, and indefinitely.

6 Comments:
im just glad you're safe!!!
OK--that's it!! It's too dangerous there--you must move back to Montana AT ONCE.
Fat chance.
Wait, how do we know Keegan's not the terrorist? She has know links to terror suspects...
What would be her terrorist name?
Does anybody else find it suspicious that as soon as Keegan gets to New York, the terror alert goes up?
Post a Comment
<< Home