Monsoon
Today I got my first taste of true east coast weather. So in Seattle, although people think it rains a lot, that is just not true. It doesn't get NEARLY as much rain as other places, and today, I'd like to put NY at the top of that list of other places. I think we got more rain today in NY than I saw all last year in Seattle. I could hear the rain pouring down all night long, and by the time I got ready to leave for work, the streets were rivers and lakes instead of streets. So i braved it. I had to hold my umbrella with my right hand because my bag was so stuffed full of stuff that I couldn't close it and I needed to keep my computer dry so pretty much my entire left arm and leg were out of the cover of the umbrella (my legs were hopeless anyway since it was raining so hard it bounced back UP when it hit the ground). Needless to say, I was a wet mess by the time I got to the subway, and it's only 4 blocks and 1 avenue away. It's an interesting feeling to stand at the door of your apartment and know that you don't have any other way of getting to work, than walking through the downpour. Walking from the house to the garage and from the covered office parking into the office is just not an option.

3 Comments:
It's like when we were waiting outside to see Joey and Justin! Except perhaps more...
You are not so sweet that you will dissolve in a little rain. (I know this!!) I have an extra towel--shall I mail it?!?!
I am with your mom on this. What you need are (waders sp?) boots. Since your dad fishes alot he could probably send it with the towel you mom is sending. And I will pitch in and send you a poncho. How does that sound?
Post a Comment
<< Home