Anne vs. Hot Yoga - Day 4
Day 4 and all is well! I still feel pretty crappy today (lovely clogged and infected sinuses) but turns out the yoga class was the best thing for it. After the class, my nose was completely decongested and stayed that way for 2 hours! Starting to clog up again now but I think it was like sitting in a 90 minute steam room! Hopefully it helps tomorrow too.
So today, I'd like to discuss women in class who I like to refer to as "the swans." I use this name for them for a number of reasons. 1. there is so much sweat in the room, it's like we're in a pond, and 2. they are quite lovely looking, but they are also not pleasant (as are swans if you've ever encountered one in a pond). So here is what they do. Come about 15 minutes early. They are generally wearing just a sports bra and swimsuit bottoms. Sometimes shorts, but their stomachs are NEVER covered up, you have to be able to see how fabulous their abs are. Then they set up their mats right in the front of the room, where it is the hottest, and everyone can see them. For the next 15 minutes before class, they proceed to very obnoxiously and obviously do all sorts of random stretches and poses that have nothing to do with class to make sure that everyone knows before class starts that they are really flexible and awesome at yoga. Then class starts, the room starts to heat up even more and all the poor saps in the back who suck (I am in this group) are focused, trying really hard, staying in all the postures for their full time and only resting when absolutely necessary. Meanwhile, the swans have wasted all their energy before class showing off all their amazing moves and struggle to even stand up for most of the class. I don't CARE how flexible and graceful you are, we are here to get through the class. So sit down and focus before class like everyone else - no one is impressed that you've put your leg behind your head!
However, with the exception of the swans the class today was great. Four days in a row is the most I've ever gone before, so we are heading to uncharted territories tomorrow. Fingers crossed it keeps going well!
So today, I'd like to discuss women in class who I like to refer to as "the swans." I use this name for them for a number of reasons. 1. there is so much sweat in the room, it's like we're in a pond, and 2. they are quite lovely looking, but they are also not pleasant (as are swans if you've ever encountered one in a pond). So here is what they do. Come about 15 minutes early. They are generally wearing just a sports bra and swimsuit bottoms. Sometimes shorts, but their stomachs are NEVER covered up, you have to be able to see how fabulous their abs are. Then they set up their mats right in the front of the room, where it is the hottest, and everyone can see them. For the next 15 minutes before class, they proceed to very obnoxiously and obviously do all sorts of random stretches and poses that have nothing to do with class to make sure that everyone knows before class starts that they are really flexible and awesome at yoga. Then class starts, the room starts to heat up even more and all the poor saps in the back who suck (I am in this group) are focused, trying really hard, staying in all the postures for their full time and only resting when absolutely necessary. Meanwhile, the swans have wasted all their energy before class showing off all their amazing moves and struggle to even stand up for most of the class. I don't CARE how flexible and graceful you are, we are here to get through the class. So sit down and focus before class like everyone else - no one is impressed that you've put your leg behind your head!
However, with the exception of the swans the class today was great. Four days in a row is the most I've ever gone before, so we are heading to uncharted territories tomorrow. Fingers crossed it keeps going well!

3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keep up the good work and may your sinuses be clear all day!
You'll do it, Anne! No doubt here. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home