Monday, September 17, 2007

book party

My friend Bob is having a book party this week. He wrote a book called Gotcha Capitalism, all about hidden fees and ways to avoid getting ripped off. Random House is publishing and the launch party for the book is on Wednesday. I'm really excited. Anyone in NY let me know if you want to come.
This weekend I spent with my friend Drew down in DC visiting my awesome family! My dad was in town from montana so we drove down friday night and had full on Keegan fun for the whole weekend. I got to see all 5 of my Dad's brothers and sisters and a good number of my cousins. My friends Brian and Julia also came over from College Park for the keegan crab feast we had on Sunday. It was their first time picking crabs and they got thrown right in. They did great and it was great to see them!
I'm back in NY now but totally worn out.
This next weekend, my cousin Michael is coming up! He is a finalist for a Folio award which recognizes excellence in magazine work, for an article he wrote about Virginia lacrosse. Hopefully his lovely girlfriend Emily will come along too. They're always great fun!
Other than that, all that is going on this week is dodgeball. Maybe I can catch up on my sleep from my crazy weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, I can only imagine the mass hysteria Emily and my pending visit is causing amongst your readers. The word "Beatlemania" comes to mind. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Will let you know when my plans are definite.

By the way, the "Word Verification" thing below is too long. This is a blog comment, not the nuclear codes to launch an attack on Iran. I shouldn't have to type "vhgzadwm." Let's keep it at 3 letters or less from here on out, OK blogspot?

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big B - I looked on Barnes&Noble to see if I could find the book, and it says it's not available until January, 08? Is that right? How can I order it into the store for GIANT Christmas sales if it's not out yet???
I agree with Michael - xanqp is too long, too.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michael congrats--about time you were "dicovered", I thought I saw a trailer on Fox News this morning reporting in a fair and balanced manner that Memily was coming to the big apple
Anne Luved seeing you and and your posse in Dc
I think three letters is too long they are hard for an old gal like me to read.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home