Sunday, August 12, 2007

baggage update

So, last night I called and there is no sign of the bag. I tried again first thing this morning and was also told that there was no sign of it and to call back in 2 hours. I'm starting to get mad here. So I called again about 25 minutes ago (I know this because I'm still on the phone) and got a woman named Jennifer on the phone. I decided I was taking this investigation over because I'm not waiting for them to wait for their "computers to be updated" for me to get an update. So first I ask for a supervisor, no supervisors available until tomorrow. Figures. So then I said, South Bend is a small airport. There are a handful of airports where this bag could be, cut your rehearsed speech to me and start calling around to them. She starts with LaGuardia. Obviously it's not there so I said, ok so it hasn't been tagged anywhere else and the last we saw of it was in South Bend? Yes, maam. According to the records. I say, ok, great. Let's start there. Please check with South Bend. Jennifer calls over to South Bend and says she's only getting a busy signal. I say I can hold until they get off the phone. Then she comes back and says that the phone is just ringing and ringing. I say, again, I can hold until someone picks up. It's Sunday, I have all kinds of minutes to waste. Then she comes back with some real progress. She has reached someone in South Bend and my bag is not there. She even double checked the area and it definitely went out on SOME flight from South Bend. Now we're getting somewhere. SO, that means that it is most likely in Cleveland or Cincinnati. She starts to give me a little more resistance to my investigation by saying, well it's probably on the ramp in Cleveland and we don't scan them in there until they arrive in New York. It wouldn't be in the baggage room. I say, well surely someone has access and can eyeball the ramp in Cleveland, look for the red bags and give them a little check to see if they are mine. Please call over there. She reluctantly acquiesces and gives Cleveland a ring. We run into a snag, she reaches the baggage counter in Cleveland but they are all out working a flight and are not available to check. That's fine, I won't hold up Cleveland air traffic to get them to look for my bag. Jennifer assures me that they will check when they come in and double checks the phone number they have on file for me for them to call back when they get in. So that's where we are now. In return, I assure Jennifer that I would be calling back shortly if I didn't hear from them. :) Ah, so much fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - so next time I need to get a new job and I need a negotiator, I know who I'm calling. You have WAY more patience than I do. BTW - did you tell them about the giant telescope that was in one of your bags??

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home