Monday, July 30, 2007

List

I'm enjoying writing the blog in list form. Today, an outline:

I. Since no one jumped at the chance to buy me a 4th of july present, I bought myself those shoes I wanted. They are AWESOME. They feel like sneakers, but they're 3 inch heels!! AMAZING. I highly recommend them. Buy now...

II. I got a job offer today. Will divulge more details when I decide whether I'm going to accept/reject but I'm excited about it.

III. Sorry to anyone who doesn't also have Myspace, Facebook or whatever other social networking site you have to have to be friends with me and didn't get to see the picture of me in the viking hat and fake mustache (I really prefer spelling it 'moustache'). It was tremendous and I'll post it on here momentarily.

IV. I had a really, really fun time with a great new friend of mine on Friday. Her name is Aliy Lane and she is a friend of my cousin Steve. They went to college together and she just graduated and moved to NY to start the glorious and glamorous life of Public Relations! We were fast friends and I'm so excited for another new friend here. She said, you know, I'm going out with these girls who I've only known for like 2 months, and I said, listen, everyone in NY has only known their friends for like 2 months. It's the beauty of the city. No matter what friends go, there is always a new batch right around the corner. I think she's going to play dodgeball too which ROCKS.

V. So in my last post I said I went to the track. Well let me clarify the utter LAMENESS of the track. I was there with MSNBC.com and there was free booze and food which was awesome but there is a significant difference between awesome jockey on top, full out gallop, thoroughbred horse racing and trotting cart racing. The jockeys sit in this little cart behind the horse and they can't go any faster than a trot. I pretty much lost interest in the racing after about 2 races. I did bet on one horse near the end of the races because it's name was "dodgeball." It was a dud though. Even lucky number 7 and it came in around the end of the pack.

VI. I was thinking of putting this in its own post because it's worth it, but I'm on a roll with the roman numerals. Today I had day 1 of my jury duty. Now, it's a darn good thing in my career, I am not required to work with the general public. Case in point: in the jury room there were HUGE signs at the counter that specifically said, "DO NOT APPROACH THE COUNTER. HAVE A SEAT AND WAIT FOR INSTRUCTIONS." Now we had to be there at 8:45 am, and there were people who decided to saunter in up to 2 HOURS late, proceed to go straight up to the counter, stand right between the 2 HUGE signs, ignore them and ask the lady what they should be doing. MAN she was TOUGH though. She said, "Read the sign. TAKE A SEAT." And I wanted to say, "If you were here at 8:45 when you were supposed to be you would have HEARD the instructions!!!" Lucky for me I never got called today and I got to go home at 1. Have to go back at 9:45 tomorrow and hopefully I won't get called tomorrow either and that'll be it. You have to be there for 2 days and if you're not on a trial, you're done for 4 years! Fingers crossed.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed that you get picked or don't get picked? I'll double up......one for each. Can't wait to see the moustache pic.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - that was dumb! Fingers crossed that you don't have jury duty. Duh......ML moment.

12:01 AM  
Blogger kate filth said...

writing in outline form is sooo march 23, 2005

2:28 AM  
Blogger Anne K said...

YOU're so March 23, 2005

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day I turned 23 and a half- it was a great one.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I.
A.
1.
2.
B.
1.
2.
3.
II.
A.
B.
1.
a.
b.
2.

ETC.
(Better check your MLA style sheet)

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all who read this blog: My previous entry was perfectly formatted, with appropriate indentations (like an outline should be), but when published, defaulted to left-margin alignment. HOW STUPID!! I complained to the blog-holder and begged her to change it to its intended form; she refused. Please know that I know how to format an outline (and probably helped her sometime down the line), but THIS BLOG is responsible for my apparent stupidity. (Not me, boss!)

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean

Beth Keegan and I can feel your pain- we know all mothers know best. Anne, aunt Beth is a first time blog reader

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home