Hot fudge in a helmet
So I just went to the Mets game and had the most ridiculous experience. Why do these things always happen to me!!? I went to the carvel ice cream stand wanting a hot fudge sundae in a miniature Mets helmet because let's be honest, what's better than that?! So I ordered exactly that and the lady said, Sorry you can only get it in a paper cup, not the helmet. I said excuse me? And she said, yes, you can get ice cream or ice cream and sprinkles in the helmet but no hot fudge in the helmet. And I said, well that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! I want ice cream and hot fudge in a helmet. And she said, well, I'm sorry ma'am we only give out hot fudge in the paper cup. So I said, WHY!?!? Then her supervisor takes over and says, the hot fudge is like 200 degrees, it might crack the helmet. I reply, I'LL RISK IT!! They still REFUSED to give it to me, I had to get sprinkles!! I could have probably ordered some hot fudge on the side but I was just hoping to get SOMETHING from them at this point without getting kicked out of the Carvel stand. The souvenir helmet is worth it though. We took some sweet pictures with it at the game.
But the hot fudge in the helmet would have been tremendous.
But the hot fudge in the helmet would have been tremendous.

4 Comments:
Disappointment with sprinkles?! You?!
Reminds me of my Grandpa Al's story: he wanted to buy a loaf of yummy bread at a cafe. They said they didn't sell the bread in loaves, just sandwiches. So he asked for 4 "bread sandwiches" to go. "Excuse me??" "Well", he replied, "a peanut butter sandwich is two pieces of bread with peanut butter between. A bread sandwich is two pieces of bread with a piece of bread between. Hold the mayo." The cafe owner gave up-- "Here's your loaf of bread."
Anne, Great story as always! Glad you are enjoying your time off. Good luck on the job hunt!!
Ice Cream without hot fudge?? Tell me what the point of THAT is??
Post a Comment
<< Home