Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My unemployment: Day 3 "Only in New York"

So today I had a final (i *think*) interview with the place I have been in contact with, so now it's just a waiting game.
Today I had a very "only in New York" experience. I walked from my apartment up to and across the Brooklyn Bridge and down to this famous pizza place under the bridge in Brooklyn called Grimaldi's for lunch. When I got there, I asked for a table for myself and was seated at a table. The woman behind me was also by herself and the guy says in a total Brooklyn accent, "Go sit next to her!" So over she came and we exchanged hellos and then decided that it would be silly for both of us to order a pizza and take half of it home so we shared one. We ordered a fresh mozzarella and basil pizza, chatted for a few minutes (she was in from Detroit visiting a friend and running the Brooklyn half marathon on Saturday) and then split the check and went on our separate ways. I walked back across the bridge and then hopped the subway. I was already up to 4+ miles of walking by that point so I wasn't interested in upping that to 6. It was a great day. The views from the Brooklyn Bridge are awesome. You can see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island and then you look right up Manhattan the other direction. There is also a history of the bridge and its construction.
It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'm glad I went today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home