Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What the???

Ok, I think this might be the stupidest proposal for a law EVER. http://www.wnbc.com/news/10948106/detail.html
There are 8 million people in NY, out of those 8 million, 7.9 million walk everywhere they go and out of those 7.9 million, 7.89 million of those either use an ipod or a cell phone while they walk (ok, I made up those #s, but the actual #s are really high). And for those people who use ipods/cell phones and cross the street at the same time, and DON'T make it safely, SHAME ON THEIR MOTHERS for not teaching them to look both ways!
And what about disabled people?? Deaf people have been crossing the street without the use of their ears since, well the beginning of streets! And blind people can't possibly determine if it is safe to cross the street without the use of their eyes, can they? And people in wheelchairs, there's no way we can ensure that they will get across the street fast enough to not get hit. So do we ban all disabled people from crossing the street altoghether too??
And FURTHERMORE, what about radios in cars? Drivers can't possibly be paying attention to pedestrians while they're listening to the radio. If we're banning all entertainment for pedestrians, we better ban it for all things out on the street. We better ban tour buses too, because the driver won't be able to look out for pedestrians while using that little microphone thing to give a tour.
Anyway, 2 stupid people who got hit because they weren't paying attention are not representative of 8 million street crossers. Now, I'm usually a very law abiding citizen but if this law got passed (which I HIGHLY doubt it will) I would continue to listen to my ipod and use my cell phone, whenever I wanted out on the street, and if I got ticketed, I'd pay the fine and tell them to shove their stupid law. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to that happy Annie that I used to know? Did she go to the store and leave this crabby one here? Tell Happy Anne to come back.....I miss her.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start a petition!!! I'll sign it!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, grrrrl!!! People who don't take responsibility for their own stupidity are annoying, yes. However...........I MUST take exception to your comment on the SHAME ON THEIR MOTHERS thing!! Jean, may I smack your girl with a wet noodle? Not sure I agree with the "crabby Annie" comment. We love you any way you come, Big B! What was the thing with the jackhammer - was it earth shatteringly important?

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home