Wednesday, February 07, 2007

JACKHAMMERING!!!

Ok, as you can see, it is currently 1:07 AM Eastern time and I am awake. Now, that isn't that unusual, I don't usually go to bed til 12 or 1 anyway, but today it is for a particularly obnoxious reason. About 10 minutes ago, directly below our window, Con Ed (that's the power company) crews started JACKHAMMERING something in the middle of the street. It's wicked loud and, as jackhammers tend to do, it is shaking the entire building. I assume it has something to do with the frigid cold that is here right now, and I sincerely hope it is truly an emergency that is so important that it needs to be accessed, through the street, via jackhammer, immediately. Because if this is something that could have waited until 9am tomorrow, I'm going to be really annoyed. By the time most of you read this, it will be morning, and hopefully the jackhammering will have subsided hours ago, but in case you read it earlier, keep your fingers crossed that it's almost over!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice use of the word 'wicked'!
Sorry to hear about the jackhammer. Hopefully, you'll get to sleep soon.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you liked big city noise!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home