Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Strike

Well, it happened. Last night at 3:00 am, the transit workers str..(what is the past tense of strike? Stroke, striked, strick?). Anyway, none of the trains or buses are running today. So the ramifications of that are as follows. No cars with less than 4 people are allowed into Manhattan below 96th street between 5am and 11am. There are thousands of people walking across the Brooklyn Bridge trying to get into the city. So I'm about to go outside and try and get in a cab. Which are also different, they are charging based on zones rather than using meters meaning that the first zone you are in costs $10 and then it's another either $5 or $10 per zone you travel through. I have to go 40 blocks, who knows how many zones that is. And the worst part is, it's REALLY cold. It is in the teens with the wind chill. If it was April and it was 60 degrees, it would be a-ok, but I don't even want to walk across the street in this cold, say nothing about 40 blocks. Luckily my fantastic boss told me to log on from home this morning so I didn't have to try and fight anything before 11am. Everyone in the city was not so lucky!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you would just say "went on strike". haha. that's a bummer!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sing, sang, sung. Strike, strake, struke."

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always go with "struck".

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home