Karaoke superstars
So I know this is about 2 weeks late, but I forgot to relay a story that is so humorous that it cannot go untold. While Kate and I were in Maui, we saw in one of the "to do" in Maui magazines that you get with the rental car a Japanese restaurant that had sushi and karaoke all in one restaurant. So we went and stuffed ourselves with delicious sushi, mai tais, gin and tonics and macadamia nut ice cream and made our way over to the karaoke stage. Things got going, and we were by FAR the best people there. We belted out such favorites as Patsy Cline's Crazy and Walkin After Midnight, Aretha Franklin's RESPECT, Think and Chain of Fools, Etta James' At Last and for our grand finale, the one and only Spice Girls' Viva Forever. We were really into it, our eyes were closed, we added all the grace notes and runs we could (think Killing me Softly in the movie About a Boy). We made an early exit and were given a rousing round of applause on our way out. During the evening we had told everyone we were from the east coast, and that we were sisters and that it was my birthday. So we were pretty much famous among the karaoke crowd on Maui. TWO full days later we were out to dinner with a friend of Kate's and we were approached by some FANS from the Karaoke!! They said "hey its the east coast karaoke singing sisters!! happy birthday again!" It was HYSTERICAL.
I just thought if it again today because i was coming home from the gym and I was singing along to my ipod, certain I was the most awesome singer at LEAST on the particular stretch of sidewalk on which I was walking. Kate, my sister, you are one amazing karoke partner!
I just thought if it again today because i was coming home from the gym and I was singing along to my ipod, certain I was the most awesome singer at LEAST on the particular stretch of sidewalk on which I was walking. Kate, my sister, you are one amazing karoke partner!

3 Comments:
I knew you were a star ever since I met you. Remember Keegan, I have been with you since the begining so I want front row seats to your first concert. When can I get tickets to the SINGING SISTERS? Thats how I will market you two. The SINGING SISTERS. Kinda like Mary Kate and Ashley, only prettier....
YOU are one amazing karaoke partner too!!!
Wisht I coulda heard it. Remember, your beautiful singing voices (and your legs, too--but that's another blog)did NOT come from your father................
Post a Comment
<< Home