Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Neighbors

I've started to notice that, unlike Seattle, Spokane or Montana where after a few weeks you start walking by the same people and recognizing your neighbors, New York has so many people, that even after a month I have yet to start recognizing people. And I have a pretty routine schedule, so you'd think I'd start recognizing other people with routine schedules. But nope. They're all new faces, every day.
I've also started to notice why people would say "It's nice to get out of the city sometimes." Honestly, I don't like to get out of the city because for me, the more action the better, I'd go nuts it if was quiet and serene, but it never stops. There is constant stimulation walking, eating, riding the train, shopping, even sitting in your apartment. It's never quiet. You're never alone on the street, and even inside you can hear hooting and hollering, horns and sirens from the street. And it's always crowded. I love it. But for people who don't like action, action, action, it could be hell!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Montana, EVERYBODY knows EVERYBODY (and usually their business, too!). Just ask Carol.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home