Monday, October 31, 2005

Laundry

So yesterday I discovered one of the most wonderful parts of life in NY. Since the apartments are all too small for washers and dryers, almost everyone (if you live in the Donald's penthouse, I bet you have a washer/dryer, but most everyone doesn't) has to go to the laundromat. So I hauled my bag to the laundromat yesterday and said, "I need this washed." They put it on the scale (mine was 31 pounds because I hadn't done laundry since I moved!) and charged me $.75 per pound. So it was $25 plus $2 to sort for a grand total of $27. Plus, they use their own detergent so you don't have to buy that either. The machines are $2 per wash and $2 per dry anyway, so I'm going to be spending at LEAST $20 to do my laundry plus the cost of detergent, so for another $7, I can avoid doing something I loathe! And the real kicker, they'll pick up and deliver! So I never even have to leave my apartment, all I have to do is bag it up. It's WONDERFUL!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish there was a service like that here in Spokompton. You are SO lucky.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think they pick up and deliver from Spokane?

10:39 PM  
Blogger Anne K said...

They said free pick-up and delivery until 11pm, so I assume if you ask them before 11, then they'd have to!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home