Ah running
So I gave up my gym membership a few months ago because of my hip injury, the swine and my new-found interest in hot yoga. So combined with the winter, that meant no running. I'm not a fan of cold weather running. But it's nice out again and I'm feeling really strong so I decided to head out for a short run today. Decided I'd just do three miles since I hadn't been out for awhile. Well, I just got back and I have to say I feel great. I think all the hot yoga I've been doing has been great for keeping my muscles in great shape (and more flexible!) to run. The one thing that surprised me though was my lungs. They focus a LOT in hot yoga on breathing exercises and expanding your lungs, etc. The hardest part about this run was not my legs, they felt great, but keeping my breath. I'm singing in my fab cousin Steve's wedding in a few months and I need to have my lungs as full as I can. I think I'm going to throw a few runs every week into the hot yoga mix. Bottom line though, feels pretty good to be able to just pick right back up without missing a step!

2 Comments:
Awwwww....no, you are a fab cousin for singing at our wedding! im sure those lungs are going to be plentiful!
I loved running, too, when I was younger (and more able). Recently, I wanted to see if I could still run. I have pretty significant footdrop on the right, so I had to rig an inJEANious get-up to be sure my foot, and hence my whole body, didn't drop. Bottom line: I ran for less than a 1/4 mile, FEARING FOR MY WELL-BEING THE WHOLE TIME. Miller and I had a nice walk (again) yesterday.
P.S. I have my box of tissues ready to pack for the wedding and its songs.
Post a Comment
<< Home