Tuesday, December 27, 2005

here comes the keegan clan

Merry Christmas to everyone I didn't get to talk to this weekend! I had a great time visiting my Keegan relatives in Washington D.C. I got there Thursday and my cousin Jimmy picked me up, then Friday it was my Uncle Kevin's birthday, so the whole clan came over, we trimmed Grandma's tree and had a birthday dinner for U.K. Saturday was Christmas Eve at my Aunt Margo and Uncle Mike's house. That was lovely! Sunday, Christmas day, breakfast at my Uncle Kevin and Aunt Beth's house and a full dinner with 18 Keegans at my Grandma's house. Yowza! I need a vacation now to recover from my vacation!
I flew down and had an interesting landing on the way back. It was windy in NY and I was in a smaller plane that gets knocked around in the wind a bit. So we were about 10 feet off the ground (already over the runway) and a wind gust blew us sideways. The plane rotated and the right wing was facing down. The pilot held it there for a few seconds, then finally got out of it and slammed us straight down onto the runway. It was a small plane which didn't take much runway to stop, so we were in no danger of sliding off the end, but it was crazy! I'm always thankful for skilled pilots!
Next--New Years! Kate is coming up, and we're going to brave Times Square. Neither one of us have ever done that before, so it'll be an experience. It'll be the first time Kate has visited me in NY since I moved here too. I'm really excited!
Thanks to all the Keegans for a great weekend! Happy New Year to all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"From the cockpit, this is your Captain speaking: Hold On, Rough Riders, she's a-buckin'!" (From her den, this is your mother speaking: Glad you're safe!)


P. S. Gotta love them Keegans!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were on the plane I would have had to change my shorts once I got off the plane. I hope you and skate have a winderfull time in Times Square. I dont see how the people can stand there all day without using the bathroom. Good Luck!!!!
BMF signing off

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home