Saturday, July 07, 2007

Saturday afternoon rambling

Happy Saturday everyone. I hope everyone out west is staying cool, and everyone out here is enjoying some nice weather (not sure what it's like half way but I hope it's nice). I had a really nice week this week. My old friend Mellad (former college roomie) and his wife Sulo, who currently live in Spokane came out to visit. They were here from Friday to Wednesday. We had a great time in the city, eating, exploring and just hanging out. They headed down to Washington for the 4th to visit other former college roomies Brian and Julia. It was REALLY great to see them, I'm so happy they came!

As Mellad and Sulo headed out, my cousin Billy Kurzenberger AKA the BK Broiler (isn't that a GREAT nickname!?) came up from NJ. We went to the Yanks game (Twins won! WOOHOO!) and then went over to the FDR Drive to watch the fireworks. It's cool, they close down the whole street and it's just a big block party on the street. My friends Drew and Laura AKA Draura had dinner and fireworks with us. It was a really delightful night. I'm really happy to spend time with the BK. He is 16 and is really becoming a great guy! Another gem in this family..gotta love em!

My dislocated thumb is getting MUCH better. As a matter of fact, I think I am almost back in the game. Today I was at the gym and I was actually able to do a lot of the arm exercises that were totally impossible last week. I am always amazed at the capacity of the human body to heal itself. Every time I hurt myself and a few weeks later it has bounced back, I am so thankful (after considerable whining and being a bit cranky that it takes so long of course!) that I'm healthy and able to recover like I do. We should all make sure we're doing everything we can to take care of ourselves, these bodies are precious!

Speaking of taking care of myself, starting on May 21, my UNK Bill challenged me to do the Body For Life workout (www.bodyforlife.com). It is REALLY intense but really awesome. 6 days a week of intense cardio and weight training. I have only missed a few days last week when my friends were here and I can tell a HUGE difference. I haven't weighed myself (i just don't ever weigh myself) but I can tell that I've really toned up. Kate is doing it too, I like her motivation! The challenge is supposed to be 12 weeks, so I'm going to go all the way through and see where I end up, but I might keep it up after that too. I'm on week 8 now.

Ok, going out to meet my friend Will for a little stroll around the city. Have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably think that whining actually helps the healing process; it doesn't but you wouldn't know that because you ALWAYS whine and you ALWAYS heal. It is not cause/effect. Glad your thumb is better!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home