9/11 in New York: Part 4 (read from the bottom up)
I had one of those "where were you?" conversations with a friend earlier in the day and it resulted in some interesting thoughts. As I was watching that coverage this morning, I remembered that I was in college and was sound asleep when everything happened. I didn't wake up until nearly noon ET, everything had unfolded by then. But something I distinctly remember from waking up is that I wished with everything in me that I was in New York. Not because I would have wanted to witness it, I think the images are burned in all of our heads forever, but because New York is and always has been my favorite place and like a friend that is hurt, I wanted to be here to help. Just as the urge for some people to get away from the city as soon as they possibly could was strong, for me, the urge to get here and be here was strong. Now that I'm here, I'm not sure if I'll ever leave.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home