Rainy weekend
This weekend was good. VERY rainy though. Saturday I didn't do much because it was raining really hard. I had plans to meet my friend Bob from work for a really late dinner (he was flying into town) and then my friend Jenn and her boyfriend, Chris, called me and said they were going to this music club called the Knitting Factory (it's really cool, it is literally an old factory that has 3 different levels and bands play on all 3 of the levels). We were on the main stage and we saw a guy called Mat Kearney. He was really good. Just a guy with a guitar and a guy on the keyboard. Lots of fun. The band after him wasn't as good, and Mat Kearney was the opening act. Whatever. It's a really cool venue though. Then we went to have dinner in the West Village at Osteria Del Sole. It's REALLY good. Bob ended up being really late, but we got to hang with him for a bit and it turns out that Chris and Bob both went to Fairfield (so did my cousins) and we had a good time. OH yeah, I did a hard workout on Saturday afternoon too, my muscles staged a protest during it, and now I"m paying for it!
Yesterday, I did the MS Walk with Caroline ("cousin" who lives in the city). It was POURING down rain for the 3 miles (it was 7.5 miles total) but we had fun anyway. It started at the South Street Seaport way down on the bottom of the island, went over to the west side, up the west side hwy, then across the village (right by my apt!!) and back down the middle, through Chinatown and Little Italy and then back to the South Street Seaport. It wouldh ave been a great route if it wasn't pouring. But we still had fun. I took a couple pics, I'll post them when I can get them off my camera at home. Then after that I went to see the movie Thank you for Smoking. It was really good. Very funny. i had some movie theater popcorn, which i love! Then I went to the grocery store and saw Willem Dafoe for the 2nd time in a week. You know, it's just silly that they put a mask on his face to play a villian because he is a CREEPY looking guy in person. He might have been creepier as the Spiderman movie sans the mask! And then I fell asleep early last night cause I was so tired from all my activity!!
Thursday, I'm going down to DC for Kate's opening! I can't wait!
Ok, that's all.
Yesterday, I did the MS Walk with Caroline ("cousin" who lives in the city). It was POURING down rain for the 3 miles (it was 7.5 miles total) but we had fun anyway. It started at the South Street Seaport way down on the bottom of the island, went over to the west side, up the west side hwy, then across the village (right by my apt!!) and back down the middle, through Chinatown and Little Italy and then back to the South Street Seaport. It wouldh ave been a great route if it wasn't pouring. But we still had fun. I took a couple pics, I'll post them when I can get them off my camera at home. Then after that I went to see the movie Thank you for Smoking. It was really good. Very funny. i had some movie theater popcorn, which i love! Then I went to the grocery store and saw Willem Dafoe for the 2nd time in a week. You know, it's just silly that they put a mask on his face to play a villian because he is a CREEPY looking guy in person. He might have been creepier as the Spiderman movie sans the mask! And then I fell asleep early last night cause I was so tired from all my activity!!
Thursday, I'm going down to DC for Kate's opening! I can't wait!
Ok, that's all.

3 Comments:
Thanks to you and Caroline (and your supporters) for doing the MS Walk!
I've gone to the Knitting Factory in LA! It doesn't seem as cool as the original but it's been my favorite venue here so far (out of 3)!
Kate's having an opening?? Details, please! And, Yeaaa, Kate!!
Post a Comment
<< Home