Monday, April 24, 2006

busy

So I've decided to share my last 3 weeks of activities so I can give some insight into why I haven't been posting. Quite honestly, I have had a flurry of activity, people in and out of town, dinners, evening work obligations, concerts, dinners, you name it, I've done it in the last 3 weeks! Please note: all of these were preceded by a full day's work. Also please note: I have had so much to do, that I am resconstructing this list not from memory, but from a trail of calendar entries and bank statements.
here goes:
April 3: Catherine (my boss) in town, Colbert Report taping after work
April 4: Dinner out with SS+K
April 5: Clase de espanol
April 6: Dinner out with friends
April 7: Concert in Hoboken, Seeking Homer, dinner with co-workers, drinks with friends until 3am
April 8: Went to see Friends With Money, I didn't like it much.
April 9: Late dinner with 2 coworkers
April 10: Drinks and dinner with our Editor in Chief and co-worker
April 11: Stayed in
April 12: Happy Hour with new East Coast Editor, Editor in Chief and coworkers at Coopersmith's. Dinner out at the Delta Grill after the happy hour.
April 13: Dinner at the Peculiar Pub and a concert at The Bitter End, Ice Wagon Flu, both on Bleeker St, a famous street for music
April 14: Stayed in and watched the Twins on TV!
April 15: Paid my taxes (heehee just kidding, already did that). Went to the Bodies Exhibition in the afternoon with 2 friends from work. SO COOL! Night out with my cousin Trish's boyfriend, Chris and a group of his friends. We went to McSorley's (oldest pub in NYC), the Red Lion (great place for music on Bleeker) and Dallas BBQ for dinner. Out til 3:30
April 16: napped
April 17: Dinner out with our Director of Technology, Travis and his right hand woman, JoAnne
April 18: All day conference for the Online Publisher's Association. They had a cocktail party right after that, I went to it. Then after the cocktail party, I went to a Brazilian restaurant with 4 co-workers (Travis, JoAnne, and 2 others).
April 19: Sunny's birthday :( Our research manager held focus groups, so I went to those from 6pm-11pm.
April 20: Dinner and dessert out with JoAnne. Also a quick subway ride to ground zero. She'd never seen it.
April 21: Clase de espanol. I stayed in and watched a movie
April 22: It rained ALL day. But I went out with 2 friends to the Knitting Factory (music club in TriBeCa) to see Mat Kearney and then we had a late dinner at Osteria Del Sole in the West Village. My friend Bob from work came and met us late, and we had drinks after that.
April 23: My half birthday! I did the Manhattan MS Walk with my cousin Caroline. We got POURED on, but it was fun. Then I went to the movies and saw Thank you for Smoking. Very good. Much better than Friends With Money.
So there you go. Hope I can be forgiven for not posting!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired already!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever cook at home? What a smorgasboard you have at your fingertips! Social butterfly heaven - that's where you are!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home