Success!!
Yay! So today I got a call from Stephanie, my new roommate! She is very cool and she wants me to move into her apartment starting October 1. It is a 2 bedroom and my room is REALLY small, but it's a cool apartment, and she's awesome. She's a hairstylist and when I walked into the apartment, I saw more Bed Head product than I usually see at a salon, plus she has this really tiny little dog. I was sold right then and there. It's right in the heart of the East Village, exactly where I wanted to be. So this is a huge relief, I was starting to stress about not finding something, but it all worked out.
Hurricane Katrina did not make my house hunting trip easy at all. I had more than a full 40+ hours worth of work to do while I was there, yet, I was supposed to be looking for a place at the same time. No complaining though, while I was slightly inconvenienced, many others are now looking for homes not becuase they're moving, but because their homes were destroyed.
But phew, it's all set!
Now, the packing begins. I don't actually have to pack, but I do have to eliminate a lot of crap that I have at my apartment now. I think the new place I'm moving into has about as much total space as my apartment now, and I only get 1 bedroom's worth. So all the stuff I've accumulated, has to go! My favorite thing so far from my packing: I was looking at all the stuff in my closet that I could donate to the hurricane relief effort and I came across and extra tennis racket. I thought to myself, they don't need tennis rackets, then I thought better of it and said, "Anne, some people lost everything, don't you think that also includes athletic equipment?!"
Thank you Cher Horowitz.
Hurricane Katrina did not make my house hunting trip easy at all. I had more than a full 40+ hours worth of work to do while I was there, yet, I was supposed to be looking for a place at the same time. No complaining though, while I was slightly inconvenienced, many others are now looking for homes not becuase they're moving, but because their homes were destroyed.
But phew, it's all set!
Now, the packing begins. I don't actually have to pack, but I do have to eliminate a lot of crap that I have at my apartment now. I think the new place I'm moving into has about as much total space as my apartment now, and I only get 1 bedroom's worth. So all the stuff I've accumulated, has to go! My favorite thing so far from my packing: I was looking at all the stuff in my closet that I could donate to the hurricane relief effort and I came across and extra tennis racket. I thought to myself, they don't need tennis rackets, then I thought better of it and said, "Anne, some people lost everything, don't you think that also includes athletic equipment?!"
Thank you Cher Horowitz.

5 Comments:
yay! i'm so glad, maybe your new roomie can do my hair sometime!! she looks super cute and i'm sure you guys will have a great time living together. and since she has a dog, maybe she won't mind if D and I come visit!! hopefully!
"is this your influence, Josh?"
Yooohooo! I am now living vicariously through Big B - all the fun, none of the jail time (sorry, Jean!). Can't wait to hear more.
Keegan, I am so happy you found a pad. Where are my wife and I going to stay if you have a roomate? I am sorry to see you go but excited to see what the future holds for you. Luv you..
Knif...
Way to go, Anne!! UB and I are so glad to be able to follow your journey. Sounds like you will have lots of company! Getting to know your new city will be a grand adventure. Write on!
I don't know who Cher Horowitz is--does that mean I'm showing my age? (DUH!!) The adventure continues.....
Post a Comment
<< Home