Tuesday, August 30, 2005

On the hunt

So here's the inagural post of my New York adventure blog. I know I won't have a chance to send as many emails with details to everyone I know, so if you're interested, you can check in and read.
Day 1 in NY starts tomorrow. It's not the move yet, but the house-hunting trip. Talk about crazy. It seems like everyone in NY is searching for "a better apartment" so now I'm about to join in the fun. I'm expecting to pay about $1300 a month, for about 300 sq. ft. - I think my office is bigger than that!
A friend at work set me up with his brother's real estate firm, so at least I'm not flying blind here, but I think this experience will be nothing like I've ever had before.
The good news is though, I'm staying at the Hudson Hotel which is so hip it hurts, there's a chance that my seester might make it up to visit me and I get 6,000 airline miles without having to pay for the ticket. So I'm stoked!
Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! Let the games begin!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Katrina clouds in Montana today--the sun was up and the Big Sky was blue. Happy (apartment) hunting!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home