Great 2 days!
So the last 2 days have been what spring training is all about! Yesterday we started out the day at the Fort Myers beach. We had an oceanside lunch, some DQ, sat no the beach for awhile, I took a dip and then off we went. We were headed for Sarasota (about 70 miles away from Ft. Myers) to see the Twins take on the Cincinnati Reds. When we got there we walked right up to the ticket counter and bought 2 tickets in the 4th row, right behind the Twins dugout. with the exception of the middle aged men who kept calling each other "cuz" and yapped to us a bit too much, we enjoyed watching the Twins WALLOP the Reds. Then after the game the Twins had to walk right past the stands to get out to their buses (no tunnels to walk though in this stadium) so we said hello to all of them, including Ron Gardenhire--that was a real treat for me. Most all of the players stopped and signed autographs and they were gracious and nice.
Then today, we headed to the Twins' ballpark around 10:30 and went over and checked out the minor leaguers practicing. We spotted the friend Elizabeth made on the flight down here, Danny Vais, #30, a rookie pitcher who has been our joke for the whole trip. Another treat for me, Tom Kelly (former Twins manager) was hanging around helping out and he said hello to us as he walked from one practice field to the other. It was windy today and unfortunately, I was VERY allergic to whatever was being kicked up today and my left eye watered the entire time and swelled way up and I got a few hives, but it was a small price to pay! I have some non-drowsy claritin for tomorrow so I'm all set!
Elizabeth and I are amazing spring training buddies. We decided that no one else would be able to put up with our ridiculousness but together, we're unstoppable!!
Bedtime now, we've got one last game tomorrow, and were going to get there early!
Then today, we headed to the Twins' ballpark around 10:30 and went over and checked out the minor leaguers practicing. We spotted the friend Elizabeth made on the flight down here, Danny Vais, #30, a rookie pitcher who has been our joke for the whole trip. Another treat for me, Tom Kelly (former Twins manager) was hanging around helping out and he said hello to us as he walked from one practice field to the other. It was windy today and unfortunately, I was VERY allergic to whatever was being kicked up today and my left eye watered the entire time and swelled way up and I got a few hives, but it was a small price to pay! I have some non-drowsy claritin for tomorrow so I'm all set!
Elizabeth and I are amazing spring training buddies. We decided that no one else would be able to put up with our ridiculousness but together, we're unstoppable!!
Bedtime now, we've got one last game tomorrow, and were going to get there early!

2 Comments:
I have enjoyed watching you two babes on TV!!!
You're a nut, and so is your cuz.
Post a Comment
<< Home