What a week
Well, I'm safely back in NY after one of the most incredible weeks of my life in the Dominican Republic. I'm a bit too tired to write about all the experiences now, but I'm going to post a few pics and will write more later. I will say though that the people of the DR are incredibly welcoming, nice, patient and appreciative of what they have. What sticks with me the most is that we can certainly learn a lesson or two about life and what is important from people whose lives are very different from ours. AND no matter how different they are, we all have something in common and the closer we can bring our two societies, the better off we will ALL be. The group I went with is called Somos Amigos, which in Spanish means "we are friends" and I feel very fortunate to have all my new Dominican friends. I will be back to see them as soon as I can!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home