Jose
Although I wasn't able to have very in depth converstaions with people, just saying a "hello how are you?" to them meant the world to them. This gentleman's name was Jose. When I first saw him, he was hugging Dr. Ed, the doctor who saw him last year. After that, he stepped aside to wait for his medicine and I went to talk with him. Our conversation went like this.
Anne: "Hola, como se llama"
Jose: "Me llamo, Jose...." (I don't remember his last name) and he said his name with an immense amount of pride.
Anne: "Me llamo, Ana. Mucho gusto, Jose! Como esta?" (My name is Anne, nice to meet you. how are you?)
Jose: "Muy bien. Tengo cuatro de ustedes en mi casa!!" (meaning, he had 4 of the volunteers staying at his house. Again, said with so much pride.)
That was the extent of our conversation, but as it went with every small connection you made, he touched my heart and I think the same was true for him.
Anne: "Hola, como se llama"
Jose: "Me llamo, Jose...." (I don't remember his last name) and he said his name with an immense amount of pride.
Anne: "Me llamo, Ana. Mucho gusto, Jose! Como esta?" (My name is Anne, nice to meet you. how are you?)
Jose: "Muy bien. Tengo cuatro de ustedes en mi casa!!" (meaning, he had 4 of the volunteers staying at his house. Again, said with so much pride.)
That was the extent of our conversation, but as it went with every small connection you made, he touched my heart and I think the same was true for him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home